Cycle Live Nottingham – Sunday 25th June, 2017
Our aim is to try to minimise the potential disruption that the event will cause to residents once the roads are closed and the event gets underway. There will be no circuit racing at Cycle Live this year and as such, access will be maintained to all homes throughout the event.
Victoria Embankment Residents and Businesses
Cycle Live begins on the morning of Sunday 25th June with the Great Notts Bike Ride. The start times for each ride vary through the morning, with rides setting off from 06.30am through to 11:00am.
As a result of the event there a couple of road closures planned for the Victoria Embankment as follows:
Closure of the Victoria Embankment Road from 07:00hrs on Friday 23rd June until 20:00hrs on Sunday 25th June
Closure of Wilford Grove from 09:00hrs on Friday 23rd June until 20:00hrs on Sunday 25th June
Residents and Businesses on the Great Notts Bike Ride Routes
On Sunday 25th June, over 4,000 riders will be taking part in the 36th Great Notts Bike Ride. As a result, the following traffic management provisions will be in place on Sunday 25th June:
- Coned lane on Trent Bridge northbound from 10:00hrs to 18:00hrs
- Additional signage and stewarding plans at various locations along the route
The routes for the 36th Great Notts Bike Ride are as follows:
- The 25 Mile Route (1,000 riders expected, leaving from 10:30am): Exit over Wilford Bridge onto Main Road, Ruddington Lane, Wilford Road, Kirk Lane, Ruddington, Loughborough Road, Bradmore Lane, Cotgrave Road, Plumtree, Cotgrave (feed station), Colston Gate, Colston Bassett, Cropwell Bishop, Cropwell Butler (feed station), Cropwell Road, Radcliffe on Trent, Holme Pierrepont, Adbolton Lane, Trent Boulevard, Nottingham Forest FC, Trentside, returning to the Embankment via a coned lane on Trent Bridge;
- The 50 Mile route (1,500 riders expected, leaving from 9am): as the 25mile route until Colston Bassett, Colston Lane, Harby, Stathern Lane, Granby, Plungar, Sutton Lane, Elton (feed station), Station Road, Lordship Lane, Spa Lane, Alverton, Staunton-in-the-Vale, Brecks Lane, Sibthorpe, Hawksworth, Screveton, Car Colston (feed station), East Bridgford, Newton, Shelford Road, rejoining the 25 mile route at Radcliffe-on-Trent;
- The 75 mile route (1,000 riders expected, leaving from 8am): as the 50mile route until East Bridgford, then A6097, Lowdham Station, Southwell Road, Thurgarton, Bleasby Road, Bleasby, Main Street, Fiskerton, Station Road, Fiskerton Road, A612 (East), Southwell, Newark Road, Lower Kirklington Road, School Lane, Halam Road, Allenby Road, West Gate, Nottingham Road, Halloughton, NTU Brackenhurst (feed station), Thurgarton, Beck Street, Station Road, Hoveringham, Boat Lane, Hoveringham Road, Caythorpe, Caythorpe Road, A6097 (Cycle Way), Gunthorpe, Eastbridgford Road, rejoining the 50 mile route at Newton;
- The 100 mile route (1,000 riders expected, leaving from 7am): as the 50mile route until East Bridgford, then A6097, Lowdham Station, Southwell Road, Thurgarton, Bleasby Road, Bleasby, Main Street, Fiskerton, Station Road, Fiskerton Road, A612 (East), Southwell, Normanton, Hockerton, Newfield (feed station), Caunton, Norwell, Ossington, Egmanton, Laxton, A6075/ outskirts of Ollerton, Wellow (feed station), Eakring, Kirklington, Edingley, outskirts of Southwell, Halam Road, Allenby Road, West Gate, Nottingham Road, Halloughton, NTU Brackenhurst (feed station), Thurgarton, Beck Street, Station Road, Hoveringham, Boat Lane, Hoveringham Road, Caythorpe, Caythorpe Road, A6097 (Cycle Way), Gunthorpe, Eastbridgford Road, rejoining the 50 mile route at Newton;
- The 125 mile route (250 riders expected, leaving from 6.30am): as the 100mile route except the following detours:
- At Harby, straight on to Waltham Lane, Eastwell, Stathern, Long Lane, Wood Lane, Blevoir Road, Woolsthorpe Road, Redmile, Barkestone (re-join 50/75/100mile routes)
- At Halam, Oxton Road (west) to Oxton, B6386 to Calverton, Main Street, George’s Lane, Dorket Head, B684, Nottingham Road, Woodborough, Lingwood Lane, Green Lane, Lambley, Park Lane, Lambley Road, Lowdham (rejoin 50/75/100mile)
You can view maps of all the routes by selecting the specific ride here.
All riders are obliged to comply with normal highway regulations. The roads and locations on or around the route are expected to be more congested than normal and we ask those that are using the highways on the day take extra care and try to keep to a minimum any cars parked on the street. We recognise that this may cause some short-lived inconvenience, but we hope that local residents will also enjoy the spectacle and help support those raising funds for such good causes.
The event is organised by Perfect Motion, having taken over the ownership of the event from Nottinghamshire County Council in 2010.
If you have any queries before the event, please contact Perfect Motion on 0115 968 3327, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d like to thank you in advance for your understanding and let you know that we appreciate your patience and cooperation.